2018/2019 tax bills are available for viewing and to print a copy online at the Winnebago County website.
Tax bills were printed on December 7, 2018 and are being processed for the mail. It may be possible to begin seeing delivered mail by the end of the following week.
- Escrow check larger than taxes due: A refund check will be mailed to property owner along with receipt.
- Mailing address changes: Contact the Town Treasurer.
- Lottery Credits: If you believe you are due a lottery credit, contact the town treasurer. Call 920-385-6866 or email the Town Treasurer.
- Dog Licenses: Go to Dog License Application form. Form must be completed and mailed to the Town Treasurer Laura Hunt.
Quick summary of 2018/2019 tax information this year are:
- Curbside garbage and recycling pickup charges did increase. The rate had remained the same since 2015 and an adjustment was required to keep up with hauler charges. The new rate is $108/garbage and $103/recycling = $211/per household for the year ($17.58/month or $4.05/week). Multiple households per structure are calculated accordingly.
- Property taxes overall are either a slight decrease or increase dependent on the school district the property is within. It is also dependent on whether the property qualifies for Lottery Credit and/or First Dollar Credit or if there is a Winnebago County POWTS charge for private sewer systems.
- State of Wisconsin did not levy a tax on properties for a second year.
- The assessment ratio in calculating estimate Fair Market Value for 2018 is .934419676.
Properties within these districts overall rates (all levies included) are:
Oshkosh Area School District .015647100
Winneconne Community School District .014903635
Winne Sch w/Butte des Morts Sanitary District .015440725
Levies to collect in Town of Oshkosh overall:
Letters to request/inquire Tax, Special Assessment, and Special Charge information, please mail to:
Town Treasurer Laura Hunt
4749 Plummers Pt. Rd.
Oshkosh WI 54904
Fee is $20.00 payable to Town of Oshkosh.
Garbage and Recycle charges are NOT prepaid.